Reviewing Bolero Beauty Products !

3/21/2020



Hello Friends! Today I went to the dollar store because I heard from watching You-Tube that they had a new product at the Dollar Store. It was called Bolero. So I went to go see if my dollar store had a new shipment come in. YES! I found some pretty nice stuff. The packaging looks like its more than a dollar. I was willing to give it a try.

I started with the cleansing wipes and the eye cream. I used both of them for quite some time. I love how the cleansing wipes came in different scents and they were pretty thick for dollar wipes. They give you about 30 wipes per package, which it's not bad for a dollar. The eye cream is nice, it makes me feel like my undereye is nicely moisturized. As I kept using it for a long period, I have not seen any change under my eye. I have been trying to lighten under the eye.


I also wanted to try the shampoo and conditioner. I love the packaging. That's what got me to purchase this in the first place. I was also curious about how it will do with my curly hair. Well, when I got in the shower and I was getting ready to use the shampoo. I started to think about the shampoo and why is it so clear. I looked at the bottle and i looked on the back for the ingredients that were kind of questionable. On the packaging it said it was paraben-free. That's o but it had sulfates. I could tell when I actually put it in my hand. It poured out on my hand in a weird way. It was kind of jiggly. I loved that it had manuka honey but on the ingredient list it was manuka honey extract. I don't know how I feel about that. One question I had as does it have the same properties as organic manuka honey. Of course, I have done my research. According to google:

"Manuka Honey offers an amazing range of phyto-compounds targeting skin and hair conditioning, whitening/brightening, anti-aging and acne. Manuka Honey is extracted from the hives of bees that have harvested pure nectar from the Leptospermum Scoparium, native to the pristine forests of New Zealand."

It is also expensive. So I assume that it is not a lot of the exact in the shampoo and conditioner to be worth a dollar. After I washed my hair and did my routine My Hair felt fine but a little after my hair dried fully, it felt dry and frizzy. it didn't last a day or two before it frizzed up.
So as a result, I recommend that if you have curly hair it is not for you. I honestly, it was a waste of a dollar. I loved the packaging but I wouldn't but it. I am very cautious about buy dollar beauty products for the dollar tree.



So I also saw that they have masks for curly hair. So I wanted to give it a try. I bought two of them. I first used the rice milk mask for curly hair. I opened it up to use it and I  thought it was fine. It wasn't thick as I expected. I kind of knew because it came from the dollar store. I gave it a benefit of a doubt. I really can't tell if it works. Next time I use a different shampoo and conditioner I will have a better grasp of if it really worked. If you were used it and you liked it ou can leave a  comment on dm me on Instagram.

Last but not least its the after-shower yogurt. It was nice and creamy. It actually felt like yogurt. I like the smell and it smelled nice. Did it moisturize the skin? well, my skin is very dry. I have to use cocoa butter or anything that is thick. It moisturized my skin for a little while but of course, it did not last. My skin sucked it up and it wasn't enough for my dry skin.


I hope you like the review it was fun to test out these products. Overall I wouldn't buy these products personally but f you want to give them a try you can. Sometimes different products wor differently with others. Below I am going to show you what my hair looks like using the products. I posted this on my Instagram as a story. You can go check it out there. I started posting my hair and makeup videos on my story. Stay tuned for new blog posts! I hope you all are staying sane through these tough times. Stay blessed!




You Might Also Like

0 comments