Top 5 healthy Salad Recipes!

4/11/2016


Salad is getting pretty boring. Sometimes I want something more. So lose the lettuce! I have five salads recipes you can try. It is also for anyone  who hates lettuce. This would be a good alternative for them and add more vegetables and fruit in our daily diet.
I love broccoli! I love it so much! I love to stream, roast and eat them raw. I never had it as a salad before I went to a baby shower and tasted it there. It was delish. The broccoli was nice and crisp and the dressing was nice and light. I was often told that once you put a lot of dressing a healthy salad, it's not healthy anymore. So I only added a small amount to my salad. The recipe I found has edamame and navy beans. Yum! It is also great for school lunch!

Crunchy Broccoli Salad


Ingredients


  • 4 cups of small broccoli florets
  • one small bag of navy beans ( rinse and drain)
  • one 8 oz. bag of  frozen edamame ( make you thaw them out first) 
  • 2 limes ( roll them in your hand to squeeze more juice)
  • 2 Tablespoons of canola oil
  • 4 teaspoons of soy sauce ( low sodium is best)
  • 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
  • a pinch of salt and pepper

Directions

In a large bowl, combine the broccoli,beans and edamame. In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, canola oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper. blend all the ingredients together and refrigerate  for 30 minutes. You have the option to garnish with peanuts or walnuts.

Sliced Apple Salad



I found this recipe in the Parents magazine. I'm not a parent yet so don't judge. I used it because I'm a teacher and the magazine have cool arts and crafts ideas. I saw it in the magazine and I made it and like it . I love apples. They are a great snack. You can used all different kinds of apples. It will still turn out delish. This recipe is only 300 calories!

Ingredients

  • 4 Medium tart, firm apples (for example a Fuji apple)
  • 1 lemon (juiced)
  • 8 oz. bag of grapes ( cut in halves
  • 2 large celery stalks ( thinly sliced)
  • 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts
  • 2 oz. cheddar cheese ( cubed)
  • 1/4 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 2 Tablespoon of canola oil
  • a pinch of salt and pepper

Directions

Core and thinly slice the apples. Add the grapes, celery, walnuts, and cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Greek yogurt, oil, salt and pepper. Toss everything together. It you want to let the flavors to mingle together; let it sit for a few minutes. 

 Green Bean and Corn Salad


This recipe is good as a side dish or a salad! I love making this every time I have a cookout or go to my friends parties. It pairs great with chicken or steak. Another option is to add bacon. It's one way that you can convince kids into eating their vegetables. This recipe is only 250 calories!

Ingredients

  • 1 lb. of fresh green beans (trimmed)
  • 2 cups of frozen corn (thawed)
  • 2 slices of  cooked bacon
  • 1 medium red onion
  • 1/2 cup a light buttermilk ranch
  • 1/4 cup of low-fat mayo
  • 1 Tablespoon of cider vinegar
  • a pinch of salt and pepper
  • Option: grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Cook beans in a pot of boiling water. Add a pinch of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the green beans are nice and tender. Drain and put the beans in a bowl of ice water, You want to shock the beans so they can stay green and it also stops the cooking process. Drain again and pat dry. In a serving bowl, combine beans, corn, onion and bacon.In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk ranch, mayo, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss all the ingredients together.  If you are adding Parmesan cheese, go ahead and garnish it on top. 

Asian Salad


I love making this all the time. my family loves it when I make it. It's takes time to make but when you serve it to your family it was well worth it. To find some of these ingredients, you can just go to your local supermarket; They have a section for foreign ingredients. They have Spanish, Jewish,Russian and Chinese/Japanese cultural foods. They have that in all Publix stores.

Ingredients

  • Soba noodles ( you can use spaghetti )
  • One pack of boneless chicken
  • 4 teaspoons of soy sauce ( low sodium is best)
  • 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
  • a pinch of salt and pepper
  • 1 green Onion
  • 1 Teaspoon of olive oil
  • Broccoli
  • Bean Sprouts
  • 1 small cabbage
  • 1/4 of a large carrot ( Peeled and thinly sliced)
  • 1/3  rice vinegar

Direction

Bring water to a boil and add the noodles. Cook for five minutes. If you cooking with the soba noodles do not put salt in the water. If you are using regular spaghetti  add 2 pinches of salt. Drain and pat dry. Add soy sauce and let it marinate. Steam broccoli for three minutes or until tender. Cook the rest of the vegetables. Toss everything together and add salt, paper, oil and vinegar. Let it come together for 20 minutes. Viola! Its done. Enjoy! 

Plain Fruit Salad


It very simple and very delish. You just grab any fruit and toss it together with yogurt or whip cream. It is served at every party. I hoped you enjoyed exploring new options on salad. I hoped I inspired you to make new recipes and healthy dishes. Don't for to post pictures. I am continuing my resolution for this year. That is  to have healthy habits. I hope you do they same. It is very important to take care of your self. 

Quote Of The Day



You Might Also Like

0 comments